The Ojjo Mechanical Engineer is a key creative innovator, responsible for developing components and systems for Ojjo’s unique solar ground mount hardware and precision mobile installation equipment. The job encompasses the entire life cycle of product development, from problem definition through high volume manufacturing. Ideal candidates will be as comfortable in the lab/shop/field as they are at their office desks.
- Work with creative team to develop and drive design concepts
- Design, engineer, and develop components for ground mount solar systems
- Use design tools such as FEA, FMEA, and DFx to guide design decisions
- Create detailed CAD models and drawings (in SolidWorks), and product specifications
- Develop prototypes and coordinate with internal machine shop and external vendors
- Work closely with Applications Engineering, Product Management, and Test Engineering to integrate installation issues and customer feedback into design development
- Evaluate manufacturability, cost issues, and other criteria with suppliers and Manufacturing
Experience and Education
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience (this is not an entry level position)
- Familiarity with a variety of manufacturing processes, such as progressive die stamping, roll forming, aluminum extrusion, die casting, investment casting, welding, and injection molding
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Fluent in English
Knowledge and Skills
- Self-Driven, self-motivated, and thrives under tight deadlines
- Ability to take on responsibility and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent judgement and able to make responsible decisions
- The ability to generate new ideas and follow through to completion
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Excellent people skills and an enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff
- Superior professionalism, judgement, and strong work ethic
- This position will require ~30% travel to visit suppliers and job sites in the US and international locations.
Current Work Status
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis (will not sponsor visas)
The Ojjo Difference
What we offer
At Ojjo, we’re dedicated to continuous improvement and growth—for customers and each other. If you’re highly motivated and purpose driven, come join our stellar team today!
Deep history of solar experience.
Driven by the value of continuous improvement, Ojjo is revolutionizing large-scale solar energy through novel foundation technology.