Testing Lab Technician
The Testing Lab Technician will be a core member of the Testing & Certification team. The role will be located at the Ojjo, Inc. HQ in San Rafael, CA. This role provides direct support to the Testing Engineers with various tasks, such test set-up, tracking and recording key data, and performing routine testing lab duties as directed by the Testing Engineers. The Testing Lab Technician will learn how to operate various equipment and use this knowledge to track, record, and document results of tests completed, to ensure equipment meets operational specifications. In addition, the Testing Lab technicians will also maintain and manage the inventory supply within the Testing Lab, maintain and clean equipment, vehicles, and work areas. An ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys working with their hands, who enjoys the challenge of finding unique solutions to meet our customer’s needs, while having the ability to take simple directions to execute requested results, and provides the candidate with an career path within Applications Engineering & Testing function at Ojjo.
- Under close supervision of Testing Engineers or management staff, learn and assist with tasks and perform basic test set up, testing and observations duties.
- Documentation and scheduling of laboratory equipment calibration.
- Maintaining and servicing environmental test chambers.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Communicates information to Testing Engineers and discusses accuracy of data in preparation for submittal.
- Submits documentation and communicates results as directed by the Testing Engineers.
- Maintains assigned equipment.
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects.
- Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work.
- Maintain and update inventory through inventory management system.
- Identify products in inventory management system and manage inventory level to ensure testing deadlines are met.
- Monitor all inventory issues and ensures effective resolution.
- Follow processes and escalate concerns/improvements related to SOPs, Quality and Tracking.
- Tracking down and reconciling missing inventory or conflicting data\Operate forklift as necessary while ensuring all safety protocols and practices are adhered to consistently.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience with product testing, including (but not limited to):·
- Environmental stress testing
- Electrical testing
- Mechanical / structural testing
- Associate’s Degree, Trade/Vocational School Certification, or military “A” school with 1-2 years experience with product testing required.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other engineering disciplines in lieu of experience accepted.
- Experience with maintaining or servicing environmental test chambers preferred.
- Experience with industrial automation controls preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with 2D/3D CAD software preferred.
- Experience safely operating a Forklift; Forklift Certification preferred.
- Previous machine shop experience and/or construction experience desired.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to understand basic instructions and deliver outcome requested.
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, and lab equipment safely.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to conduct physically demanding test activities and ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Regular reliable predictable attendance in the office interacting with others required.
- A collaborative personality and is able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills, willing to gain and share new knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances. Own assignments and take full accountability for their success
- Positive attitude, eager to learn and ability to change direction quickly.
Working Conditions – Physical Requirements And Environment
- Frequent movement among buildings.
- Outdoor environmental working conditions.
- Overtime required occasionally meeting critical project schedules.
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
The Ojjo Difference
What we offer
At Ojjo, we’re dedicated to continuous improvement and growth—for customers and each other. If you’re highly motivated and purpose driven, come join our stellar team today!