Applications Engineering and Testing
Field Applications Engineer
Location: San Rafael, CA
Reporting to the VP of Testing and Applications Engineering, the Field Applications Engineer (FAE) serves as the field-facing branch of Ojjo’s innovation engine, providing in-field and on-site technical and engineering support to our customers while relaying engineering feedback directly to the Product Development and Machine teams. This role is sometimes referred to as a New Product Integration or NPI Engineer. Expect to spend a significant amount of your time on current or future jobsites or test sites, troubleshooting and innovating solutions for our growing fleet of Truss Driver machines and our Truss Foundation product line. FAEs are responsible for representing Ojjo face-to-face with our customers and making swift decisions on site to ensure our technology is integrated successfully, and analytical engineering decisions to improve our technology and processes.
- Provide customers with on-site operational and technical engineering support with the goal of successfully integrating Ojjo technology
- Ensure customer feedback, issues, and other critical information obtained during field support is documented and communicated back to internal stakeholders, including Product Development and Machines team
- Work to resolve issues on-site by utilizing effective and efficient decision-making skills to ensure technology is integrated at customer’s satisfaction
- Identify opportunities to improve technology and processes using analytical engineering decisions independently and/or collaboratively with the Ojjo team and SMEs
- Complete required and ad-hoc field testing of truss hardware and Truss Driver Machines
- Work to resolve issues by taking ownership of key activities, such as on-site machine repair, fabrication and other methods with the goal of a successful integration for the customer
- Work with field staff, technical staff, and others using effective communications, both written and verbal, to achieve objectives
- Directly support and complete training of Truss Driver Machine Operators
- Train, manage and support on-site mechanic teams
- Work closely with Machine Development, Product Management, and Test Engineering to integrate installation issues and customer feedback into new product development.
- Recognize and report safety concerns promptly while utilizing attention to detail
- This position requires the successful candidate to work at customer solar construction sites
- Openness to learn and improve personal skillset
- This role requires up to 75% travel
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Technical diploma or Tradesperson certifications are a plus
- B.S. in Science or Engineering are a plus
- Must have previous electrical, hydraulic, and diesel operation/troubleshooting experience
- Experience with operations of heavy machinery or similar
- Drilling experience a plus
- Utility scale solar experience a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver's license and provide proof that s/he has a valid driver's license upon being hired.
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid knowledge with some experience with machine/auto mechanics, hydraulics, electrical components, welding, and/or fabrication
- Excellent judgement and able to make responsible decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to help lead a team to achieve shared goal
- High level of professionalism, ability to utilize good judgement, and strong work ethic
The Ojjo Difference
What we offer
At Ojjo, we’re dedicated to continuous improvement and growth—for customers and each other. If you’re highly motivated and purpose driven, come join our stellar team today!