Project Development Engineer
The Project Development Engineer will be our customers’ primary technical resource throughout the project lifecycle and responsible for overall engineering design activities for potential and secured utility scale solar projects, from early stage evaluation through the hand-off and transition to the execution team responsible for product installation. The successful candidate will have previous experience working effectively with external business partners, including the customer and selected EPC vendor for the projects. In addition, you will work to resolve conflict through tact and consideration, communicate effectively while keeping all parties adequately informed, and promote a collaborative partnership.
• Approach opportunities with a customer-centric mindset with the foundation of an engineering background, including assessing risks and opportunities, perform cost-benefit analyses, and maximize both technical and economic outcomes
• Promotes a partnership where keeping all partners, both internal and external, adequately informed, expresses ideas and thoughts effectively, and exhibits good listening and comprehension through appropriate communication methods
• Values resolution of difficult situations through tact and diplomacy, maintains objectivity, and uses negotiation skills to achieve agreement when conflicts arise
• Excel in creating an environment of collaboration while exhibiting objectivity and openness to the views and feedback of other partners
• Develop in-depth technical knowledge of Ojjo’s Earth Truss solution and Truss Driver, product configuration, design, and site application for utility scale PV projects or project portfolio.
• Provide customers with pre-sales or post-sales technical support, including but not limited to contract activities to ensure design requirements have been met and Ojjo specifications are defined and communicated.
• Analyze and cost optimize projects for competitive positioning of the Ojjo Earth Truss solution.
• Coordinate all technical design efforts around a project including pricing model, and foundation design, while ensuring site specific requirements for a project are established.
• Manage the evolving project Site Constraints Plan from early site diligence through EPC RFP, including a detailed knowledge of all plottable title issues
• Execute site visits to assess land characteristics and identify prioritization of diligence.
• Analyze data from land diligence studies (e.g. geotech, hydro, surveying) to develop solutions and designs.
• Work effectively across multiple internal & external teams and functions through a collaborative partnership and willingness to support innovative ideas, product improvements, new applications, and third-party product integration, while maintaining a customer-centric focus
• Create and deliver technical presentations for customer meetings.
• Champion product features and enhancements and process improvements to increase commercial success.
• Build strong technical relationships at the customer level.
• Collaborate with customers to identify technical project requirements in RFPs.
• Provide timely feedback on questions related to project or product design.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical degree. Civil, Geotechnical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in sales applications engineering with land development and/or Infrastructure project design.
• In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
• Geotechnical, and foundation design experience is a plus.
• Must be able travel up to 25%
• Previous experience developing and presenting cost estimation of developed designs.
• Previous experience developing tools and processes to improve business operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and professional presentation skills.
• 4+ years of experience managing AutoCAD relating to construction drawings (such as): o Multiple evolving survey and environmental x’ref files o state plane coordinate systems, grid vs ground coordinates o model vs paper-space, layer & linetype management, version & quality control
• Prior experience in the renewable energy industry preferred but not required.
• Understanding of land development including civil site issues, hydrology, easements and utility routing • Familiarity with L-Pile and Risa Is a plus.
• Strong technical skill in MS Excel, Google Earth, and other technical platforms and/or software required to perform the role successfully
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Experience with AutoCAD, NetSuite, and Arena preferred.
The Ojjo Difference
What we offer
At Ojjo, we’re dedicated to continuous improvement and growth—for customers and each other. If you’re highly motivated and purpose driven, come join our stellar team today!